Saturday 13 August 2011

Barry M - Mint Green

Being a natural red-head, I find that green is a colour that really compliments my hair colour and skin colouring.  As a child, I had a favourite green dress, I loved it, and I remember being so sad when I grew out of it!  Now whenever I see anything in the same green I have to buy it!

This was a manicure from during the hectic house move period!  I used Barry M in 304 Mint Green which is pretty damn close to my favourite green!


The picture above shows two coats.  It most probably could have done with three coats to make it completely opaque, but as I had already planned to stamp over the top, I wasn't so worried about full opacity!  It was however very easy to apply, and very quick to dry, so I was very impressed, especially as Barry M is a very reasonably priced polish.


Apologies for the roughness of the edges on this picture, but I hadn't completely finished the clean up, and the light was fading fast, so I had to get pictures quickly!  This is also before a top coat, so it looks quite matte in this picture.

For the stamping I used Bundle Monster plate BM225 and an old Rimmel White French Tip nail polish for the stamping.  It maybe wasn't the best choice for stamping, as it dried a little too quickly, which meant that on a couple of nails, the image didn't fully transfer, but from a distance, this wasn't all that noticeable.


A close up of the stamp, it really is quite pretty! I love flowers patterns!  Apologies for the blurry picture, but I was having real trouble with the macro mode in the fading light.

I loved this manicure, and was quite sad when I had to take it off a couple of days later, having chipped it at work!

Do you have a colour that if you find something in it you have to buy it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...