Sunday 12 June 2011

Mavala Cuticle Oil

I only bought this a couple of days ago when I was thinking about doing nail varnish swatches for this blog.  Then I actually studied my nails and realised they weren't really in a state to be displayed to the world....so before reaching for gloves to hide them away I figured I should maybe take the slightly less drastic action of looking after them for once!

My hands and nails are pretty neglected.  I have a part-time job as a merchandiser, and as such they are forever getting battered against metal, covered in cleaning products and generally abused with little remorse!
The nail on my left index finger is also a little worse for wear after my boyfriend accidentally shut my finger in the jam of a car door in January, breaking my finger in the process! - OUCH!  Needless to say my nail got more than a little damaged, which I'm still trying to grow out!

Having had a quick study of the nail aisle in my local Boots I decided on the Mavala Cuticle Massage Oil - "For the perfect nail contour".  I bought it because it seemed a reasonable price compared to the others £5.62 (some were over £15) but I figured it was a well known brand, so I decided to trust it.


A link to the product on the Mavala website: Mavala Cuticle Oil

John Lewis sell it for £5.70 - so you can save a whole 8p at Boots!
A link to the product at Boots: Mavala Cuticle Oil @ Boots.com - current price £5.62

The picture below shows the packaging, to help you find it on the shelf!  I think the packaging looks somewhat dated, but what really matters is the product inside!



The bottle itself is only small - 5ml, with a nail-varnish brush style applicator.




The oil, from what I can make out is a pale yellow colour - although that may be a reflection from the gold label!

The oil has quite a sweet flowery smell to it, which is pleasant and not overpowering.  I apply it around my cuticles and then massage it in as per the instructions.  While it appears to be absorbed, I find it does leave the skin greasy, so in my experience I have found it better to apply at night.

Like I say, I'm only a few days in of testing it, but so far my cuticles are certainly looking less dry.  I'll post an update in a couple of weeks to let you all know if I have achieved the "perfect nail contour"!

Has anyone else had any experience with this product? What did you think? Are there other products I should try instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...