Saturday 25 June 2011

Andrea Fulerton - Gemstone Overcoat

I spend a fair amount of my free time reading other blogs, and trawling the internet for interesting nail varnishes.  While doing this, I came across a blog entry on Varnish Me, where Olivia uses Golden Rose Scale Effect 06 as an overcoat.  I absolutely fell in love with this look and went on the hunt for Golden Rose nail varnish in the UK.  They have just come to the UK however I believe the scale effect nail polishes have been discontinued as they are not listed in their catalogue.


Whilst hunting, I came across the Andrea Fulerton range.  Seeing that they stock it in Superdrug I decided to pop in and have a personal look at the range. Wow was I impressed!  So many choices to create some brilliant looks!  I had a hard time picking my favourites, and to be honest I came away with a fair few which I will most definitely be showing you as soon as I wear them (one of which matches the Golden Rose style on Varnish Me).


I was looking for something easy to pop on before work this morning, and the Gemstone Overcoat caught my eye - sparkling away in my nail varnish box.


Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique - Gemstone Overcoat


It is meant to be worn as an overcoat, but to be honest I really couldn't be bothered to pick a colour to layer it over!  So I popped on a base coat, and then layered two coats of the Andrea Fulerton Gemstone Overcoat, followed by a top coat.


I absolutely love it! I found myself getting mesmerised by it all day at work as it continually catches the light and reflects beautifully between orange and green.


Close up of the flakies!


It's a scaley polish, so by no means does it produce an opaque result - hence the visible nail line, but it was never my aim to make it opaque, I just wanted to one of my new varnishes that was easy and stunning - and I think I most definitely got it!


I have to say I really am excited to try this as an overcoat, and also try the others that I have bought, so keep your eyes peeled for more stunning swatches from the Andrea Fulerton range!


See more of the Andrea Fulerton Gemstone overcoat layered over Essie's Smooth Sailing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...