Monday 20 June 2011

Barbara Daly - Tea Rose

Well the last manicure held out, until yesterday when it chipped so I had to take it off.  So for today I decided to go for something a little less "gothic" than last time, which was a bit more "every-day".


Today I used Barbara Daly Make-up for Tesco, nail polish in Tea Rose.  I honestly can't remember when I bought it, must have been at least a year ago.  I also can't find out whether it is discontinued or not as Tesco do not list the nail polishes on their website.  Next time I'm in a Tesco I will try and have a look!

Previous to today, I have always used this colour on my toes, as it is a great autumn colour, that is opaque enough for toes after one coat.  Today, using it on my finger nails, it definitely needed two coats to make it completely opaque.

It is a very fast drying formula, and was really easy to apply two coats without smudging or dragging.  It levels out really well, and leaves a nice glossy finish, that doesn't need top-coat (unless you're worried about wear).

Lately I seem to have something against having just a plain colour on my nails, so again went for some stamping action!  This time I used Bundle Monster plate BM204, with the curvy (sort of!) flowers using W7 Golden Pearl.
Nails 20th June 2011

Base: Seche Clear
Colour: Two coats of Barbara Daly Tea Rose
Stamp: BM204
Stamping colour: W7 Golden Pearl
Top coat: Seche Vite

I didn't get chance to take a picture with the W7 bottle as my camera battery ran out - but I'm sure I'll be looking at that nail varnish on it's own soon - so I will take a picture then!  I really like the way the gold is not really in your face, but when it catches the light it really glitters :)

So what do you think? Would you wear this look?

1 comment:

  1. I WOULD wear this look, It's beautiful! Great job! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...