Thursday 3 November 2011

Barry M - Silver Foil

My next two blog posts are going to be about two nail varnishes I saw advertised a little while ago, and then had to wait (I hate waiting) for them to come into store!

But as soon as they did, I had them.....and then I forgot about them...until now!  Today I will be showing you Barry M Silver Foil NP 319, and in a couple of days I will show you Barry M Gold Foil NP 320.


Barry M Silver Foil is part of Barry M's Instant Nail Effects range.  This range previously bought us crackle polishes, and now is bringing us foils.

The idea behind Barry M Silver Foil is that it provides a cheap alternative to salon foil applications, such as Minx etc.  There are currently two colours in the range, silver and gold.

Barry M Instant Nail Effects - Silver Foil
The picture above, shows one coat over Seche Clear base coat, and no top coat.  Barry M states that these are meant to be one coat polishes, and it certainly didn't disappoint!  The formula is very highly pigmented, and really quite runny, so you don't need much on the brush for each nail.  It applies smoothly without dragging, and dries amazingly quickly too.  Providing you don't play around with it too much once it's on the nail, it dries streak free.

These pictures are also my first taken using my light tent!!! It definitely helps me capture the colours better, without having to run around trying to find the best light!  Now all I need is a tripod to prevent shakey-hand syndrome!

How does it compare to foils?  Well it certainly doesn't have the same mirror like qualities of a proper nail foil, but it catches the light just as well, and really is very eye catching.  Also at £3.99 a bottle, it certainly works out a lot more cost effective than salon style foils!

Keep your eyes out for my next post on Barry M Gold Foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...